Thursday, 30 October 2008

Buckmore Junior Club 11-16 Summer Round 7 (Summer Series)

Aymane Yacine has rapidly made his mark in the club this year. I have spoken to him about it and he is going to clean it up later. In race four he shot up from the estuary of P9 to the salmon leap of P1 which he took despite the presence of the pocket rocket that is Jesse Chamberlain in close attendance. James Hughes had already earned a gold in the 8-13 race and was fired up for even greater success this afternoon. He picked up a brace of places to finish third and half a second clear of Matt Tiffin a driver destined to make his mark in the adult events which he starts next month. Keiran Tison needed every point he could muster if he was to retain his series lead but here finished three adrift from his main rival Jesse.
Earlier I’d been surprised to see Stuart in the D and now I was equally astonished to see Aymane Yacine floundering in the B. It’s better than floundering in the sea I’ll grant you, but still not where I expect to see this rapidly rising star. I think he was just trying to blag a free go though as he rapidly made it clear that he was off to play in the A when he won the B by over six seconds. The fight for second was thrilling as John Gabriel Iuga just scraped second by a few tenths from Jay Rudd. Murray Knott rose from the depths to secure fourth, one place clear of Matt Tiffin. Conor Jux-Chandler led the rest from sixth. Harry Tavare was chased by Ivan May-Jones, Ronnie Stracey, Sam Logan, Sam Lawrence, Ryan Cummings and Isobel Storrar.
The A final was the clincher for the championship for Jesse and current leader Kieran Tison. Jesse came of P2 while his nemesis was way back down in eleventh. Jamie Cummings took the lead as Jesse had a little spinette (It’s a new wash/dryer appliance) and fell back. Carl Williams didn’t look this gift horse in the mouth, he didn’t have time, he was busy racing and moved up. Sam Brabham completed the best days racing I’ve seen from this promising young driver and bagged third for his very own. Toby Cook moved up from tenth on the grid to an eventual fourth while Jesse completed the top five. That is of course only half the story as you need to know how Kieran fared. In truth he suffered the indignity of making a rare mistake at cafĂ© that left him marooned on the kerb, right in front of Uncle Joe. I mean, how embarrassing is that? Joe amazingly resisted the urge to hop over the fence and release him but I did see he legs wiggle pre leap before he thought better of it. Kieran was untangled and finished tenth and I think he knew that the challenge was over. Of the others the result looked like this; Aymane Yacine finished sixth, Nathan Baily led Tom Storrar and Alice Goad from seventh. Seth James crossed for 11th with Stephen Harrison and James Hughes completing the order. The latter had got tripped up on lap one.
Report author: Alan Wood
http://www.buckmore.co.uk/content.php/23820?cha_ref=127&eve_ref=4723

No comments: