Things got interesting in heat three when we had a dead heat for fourth but more of that in a moment. We did remove Sam Babington from this race when it was clear the kart wasn’t getting full throttle. On Saturday Aymane Yacine had conquered all to win the gold and here he was again taking a win in the more experienced waters of the Championship group. He took full advantage of his second row start to get to the front and stay there and without the hindrance of traffic he built a solid four second lead. A blinding drive by Rhys Terry saw him go from last on the grid to second where he crossed a fraction (I hate fractions....and algebra) clear of Jamie Cummings. Joe Robson and the Mighty Midget Carl Williams came towards us side by side so I leaned over better to see the finish line. Bill and I were of one mind, it was a dead heat and so I have awarded each driver ten points. I love it when it gets like that.
Jay Rudd came off the blocks like he was on nitrous and he quickly established a solid lead. Yet again we find Aymane Yacine getting a mention, this time for his stunning back row to second sprint. His names are unusual, so I Google’d both only to come up with a DJ on both counts. I must have too much time on my hands. The Junior reports are riddled with Cummings which must be a bit tough on the family purse strings and this time the spotlight falls on Ryan who rose through the ranks to finish a good third and just in time to ensure Will Morris could go no higher than fourth. That just leaves time for the micro dot that is Jesse Chamberlain who climbed to fifth.
More contact marred race nine as half the field got to see the warning board during just five laps. There were indeed plenty of comings and goings but mainly Jamie Cummings who won by two seconds after a second row start. It’s that man again, Aymane Yacine this time up from fourth to second. Stuart Anderson drove a superb contact free race from the very back to finish a close third. Jeremy Parker finished fourth and then a second later it was Sam Babington up from P12 to take fifth.
Micro man met the Midget in the final as Jesse Chamberlain and Carl Williams went head to head and I have to say I have been looking forward to watching these two race it out at the sharp end of a final for ages. There was very little to choose between them for the full eight laps but at the line it was Carl by seven tenths from Jesse and neither driver had collected any warnings which just shows which is the quickest way. (I nearly went off on one again then but I think I got away with it) Keiran Tison scored well again with a podium bronze and a skip full of points which now show him second in the series on total points though he drops to fifth after dropped rounds, though it’s early days yet. A fine drive by Stephen Harrison earned him fourth by a couple of tenths from Tom Hill and Toby Cook completed the top six. Jamie Cummings led the rest of the field which included 8th placed Aymane Yacine who got into a tangle at the first hairpin or he would have been looking at another podium in my opinion. Then it was Ivan May-Jones, Jem Howard, Luke Pattinson, Sam Lawrence and Reece Canell. Sam Lawrence got the fastest lap with a 34.259.
Report author: Alan Wood
http://www.buckmore.co.uk/content.php/23820?cha_ref=127&eve_ref=4719
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment